Cycling on the Island of Gran Canaria. See previous ATG Trip Pics here
This island is a climber’s paradise and has been discovered by the Pro Teams for winter Training camps many years ago.
The Island of Gran Canaria is a Winter Cycling Paradise!
Trip Itinerary – Spain, Cycling the Island of Canaria
Expect 70 to 75º temperatures with lots of sunshine and virtually no rain.
Bike Friendly and Challenging roads:
Gran Canaria peak is 6,000 ft and has over 25 routes with climbs that rival the toughest of the Alps. The island’s infamous Valley of the Tears and the climb to Pico de Las Nieves compares well with the Mortirolo and Stelvio. There is very little traffic on smooth mountain roads.
We will be staying in Four Hotels with 4-5 start ratings. ATG will transfer you luggage between hotels as you ride. Using Four hotels will allow us more selection in cycling routes.
Airport Arrival/Departure City:
Gran Canaria Airport (LPA).
ATG will provide one group airport transfer on the Arrival day and the Departure day. If you arrive at a different day/time we can arrange a airport transfer.
- 9 nights accommodation
- Buffet breakfast and most dinners
- Support, snacks and drinks and lunch’s on the ride each day.
- Experienced tour guides, and daily Garmin TCX and RWGPS files.
- Transportation and luggage transfers during the tour.
- Gratuities for hotels and restaurants.
- Handling of all Bike Boxes
- Souvenir Map
What’s Not Included
- Airfare and travel insurance.
- Lunches are on your own, so you have maximum flexibility in your day.
- Bikes are not included, but are available for an additional fee.
- Personal services, including laundry, telephone, hotel mini bar charges, etc.