Cycling the Coast to the Mountains of Sardinia
The captivating Italian island of Sardinia is famous for its beautiful beaches and the beautiful turquoise waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Sardinia’s best kept secret is its amazing network of immaculately scenic and quiet roads that are perfect for cycling. The island’s rugged and remote mountainous interior boasts rivers, lakes, archaeological sites and an amazing variety of wildlife such as flamingos, falcons and wild boar.
This trip offers a challenging and extensive cycling tour of Sardinia’s spectacular coastline, known as the “Big Sur without traffic,” and the wild and undiscovered interior region of the country. Our multiple-night stays offer plenty of time to enjoy great riding, pristine beaches, ruins, and Sardinia’s famous pecorino sardo cheese and mouth-watering bread.
- Ride along lightly traveled, scenic roads that are perfect for cycling.
- Enjoy beautiful coastal scenery, pristine beaches and clear, turquoise water.
- Indulge in delicious Italian cuisine and wine.
- Explore archaeological ruins and a 3,000-year-old village.
Click here to view a detailed itinerary of our Cycling the Island of Sardina tour
Airport Arrival/Departure City:
Average Daily Mileage and Terrain
Ride an average of 40 to 50 miles over mountainous terrain. There are plenty of options for riding more or less, and if you’re looking for a challenge, there are some great climbs in this area. As with all our trips, you decide how much or how little to ride each day.
- Lodging in quaint, welcoming inns and hotels.
- Hearty, cyclist-friendly breakfasts every day.
- Most dinners (four-course, including wine and coffee).
- Full van support, snacks and drinks on the ride each day.
- Experienced tour guides, and daily detailed maps and route notes.
- Transportation and luggage transfers during the tour.
- Gratuities for transfers, hotels and restaurants.
- Custom ATG bike jersey and souvenir map with tour route.
What’s Not Included
- Airfare and travel insurance.
- Non-group dinners on the free evenings. This gives you a chance to try the restaurants of your choice.
- Bikes are not included, but are available for an additional fee.
- Personal services, including laundry, telephone, hotel minibar charges, etc., are not included.
What Our Guests Are Saying
“Get it right the first time! Trust your next European cycling vacation to Gary and Lise, and you’ll be rewarded with expert attention to even the smallest details. Croatia was our first-ever trip with them, and we were very pleased with how they made us feel right at home. Unique to their small-group setting is the lodging, food, cycling routes and ‘local flavor’ you won’t get with bigger groups. We can’t wait to travel with them again!”
Bob and Lynn Green Lynchburg, VA
“If you want large busses, large groups and large, “big box” hotels, Adventure Travel Group isn’t for you. BUT, if you enjoy being away from the normal tourist grind, small and friendly groups and guides who personally have experienced every hotel, restaurant and ride, then travel with Gary and Lise. I’ll soon be booking my third bike tour and now think of them as friends!”
Dave Benson, Fort Collins, CO