2017 is the 100th Anniversary of the Giro d’Italia. Book our spot now to ensure you can join ATG on this exciting special Giro d’Italia trip.
We will be offering a 10 day trip during the crucial final week of the Giro. A fully refundable $400 deposit holds your spot.
ATG would like to invite you to join us for 10 days of fantastic cycling in the Italian Alps, Dolomites and Veneto. Watch 5 exciting Stages during the critical last week of the Giro d’Italia.
- Watch Stage 16 Queen Stage– Double ascent of the Passo Stelvo
- Watch Stage 17 start in Tirano
- Watch Stage 18 in the Dolomitti
- Watch Stage 20 Finish on the plateau of Assiago or on Monte Grappa
- Watch Stage 21 Final Individual Time Trial in Milan
- Climb Mortirolo, Passo Gavia and Stelvio
- Ride the Classic Dolomitti Sella Rondo Loop: Passo Pordoi, Gardena, Campolongo, Sella
- Climb other Dolomitti classics, such as Fedia,Costalungo
- Climb Mortirolo, Passo Gavia and Stelvio,
- Climb Monte Grappa and Assiago Plateau
- Pre Post trip you can visit Milan and/or Venice
We’ve been operating Tours following Pro races for 15 years. To best experience this historic 100th Anniversary Giro ATG’s trip will follow the Giro’s most exciting and decisive 3rd week. Challenge yourself on the Mortirolo, Gavia, Stelvio, Sella, Pordoi, Gardena, Camplongo, Guia, Costalungo, Monte Grappa and Assiago Plateau for a total of 10 of Italy’s most famous climbs — a perfect balance of challenging riding and experiencing the Giro’s best Stages. You’ll watch five of the most epic Giro stages.
You will also watch the final decisive Individual time trial in Milan and get an up-close view of your favorite riders as they line up at the start of Stage 17 in Tiran0 . If you were ever thinking of going to the Giro, this is the year “not-to-be missed”. ATG’s tour will be a climbers dream with lots of opportunity to complete your personal “bucket list”. Our guided small group (18) tour is fully-supported and designed for strong and avid cyclists. Get the full flavor of the Giro by participating in this grand party/cycling event.
We make watching the race easy — all of our hotels are located close to the Tour route, so you’re able to ride to where you’ll watch. To make your travel more convenient, ATG will include door-to-door Airport Transfer service to/from our start/end hotels.
ATG Trip Style:
Our fully supported tour is designed for strong and avid cyclists. We will be staying 2 nights in most hotels which allows for less packing/unpacking and a more relaxing trip.
Airport Arrival/Departure City:
Milan Malpensa (MXP)/Milan Malpensa (MXP)
Average Daily Mileage and Terrain
Ride an average of 60 to 80 miles daily with 5,000 to 10,000 feet of climbing. There will be two riding groups to choose from each day: a faster-paced “A” group and a more leisurely paced “B” group.
May temperatures in the Italian Alps and Dolomites can range from 70 degrees and sunny, to 40 degrees and raining with possibility of snow on the high passes. Average temperatures are usually mild, but because it is the mountains, there can be extreme variations. Get more information about the weather in this area here.
- Group Airport Transfers
- Lodging in quaint, welcoming inns and hotels.
- Hearty, cyclist-friendly breakfasts.
- 9 dinners (three-course)
- Full van support, snacks and drinks on the ride each day.
- Experienced tour guides, daily maps, route notes and Garmin gpx files.
- Transportation and luggage transfers during the tour.
- Gratuities for transfers, hotels and restaurants.
- Handling of Bike Boxes
What’s Not Included
- Airfare and travel insurance.
- Lunches are on your own, so you have maximum flexibility in your day.
- Bikes are not included, but are available for an additional fee of $500.
- Personal services, including laundry, telephone, hotel mini bar charges, etc., are not included.
What Our Guests Are Saying
“Lise and Gary did such a great job finding extraordinary places along the way. We stayed in so many unique, wonderful hotels and inns. It was apparent that they had spent a lot of time finding interesting and special routes that really exposed us not only to the essence of the sport of cycling in Italy, but also to the less traveled, cultural aspects that helped round out our European experience.”
Ruth and Bob Wade, Aspen, CO
“I have had the pleasure of taking two cycling trips to Europe with ATG and can’t wait to take another! I couldn’t imagine a better trip. Gary and Lise take care of every aspect of the trip with great attention to detail — the cycling route, food, accommodations and alternative activities are all planned to perfection. The end result is a trip that leaves me telling all my friends that trips with ATG are the ultimate vacations.”
Roanne Miller, Park city, UT