Spectacular Bicycle Tour from Lake Annecy to Provence!
This bicycle tour was designed with climbers in mind. Climb some of the area’s best-known cols in France, including Alpe d’Huez, Col du Telegraphe and Mont Ventoux. There are five, two-night stays so you can enjoy the best cycling each area has to offer. Along with challenging rides, this area boasts renowned wineries, delicious Savoyard cuisine and gorgeous lake and mountain villages.
The route begins in captivating Annecy, with its winding canals, weekly markets and myriad of outdoor activities, and concludes in beautiful Provence, with rolling hills, vineyards and flower-filled meadows.
- Ideal for cyclists who love to climb! Climb 20 classic Alps cols, including Mont Ventoux.
- Enjoy a mix of challenging mountain climbs and gentle, rolling hills through vineyards.
- Sample excellent wines and delicious cuisine at quaint restaurants where only the locals dine.
- Our small group offers a more relaxing and enjoyable travel experience.
Climb 20 Classic Alps Cols and Mont Ventoux!
This trip includes some unforgettable climbs, including the Col du Marais, Col de la Croix-Fry, Col des Aravis, Col de la Colombiere, Col de Leschaux, Col du Frene, Col de Tamie, Col de la Madeleine, Col du Glandon, Col de la Croix de Fer, Col du Telegraphe, Col du Galibier, Alpe d’Huez, Les Deux-Alpes, Villard-de-Lans, Col de Carri, Col de Portette, Col de la Bataille, Col des Limouches, Col de la Machine, Col de la Bataille and Mont Ventoux. Feel the rush of summiting these epic cols!
Trip Itinerary – France: Cycling the Alps, Vercors & Mont Ventoux
Click here for a detailed itinerary of our Alps, Vercors & Mont Ventoux bike tour.
Airport Arrival/Departure City:
Paris or Geneva/Marseille airport, or Aix-en-Provence TGV (TGV back to Paris or Geneva)
Average Daily Mileage and Terrain
Ride an average of 60 to 70 miles, with 4,000 to 6,000 feet of climbing. As with all our trips, you decide how much or how little you want to ride each day. There are a variety of route options, along with daily non-cycling activities such as hiking, wine tasting, exploring the village or simply relaxing by the pool.
- Lodging in quaint, welcoming inns and hotels.
- Hearty, cyclist-friendly breakfasts every day.
- Most dinners (four-course, including wine).
- Full van support, snacks and drinks on the ride each day.
- Experienced tour guides, and daily detailed maps and route notes.
- Transportation and luggage transfers during the tour.
- Gratuities for transfers, hotels and restaurants.
- Custom ATG bike jersey and souvenir map with tour route.
What’s Not Included
- Airfare and travel insurance.
- Lunches are on your own, so you have maximum flexibility in your day.
- Non-group dinners on the free evenings. This gives you a chance to try the restaurants of your choice.
- Bikes are not included, but are available for an additional fee.
- Personal services, including laundry, telephone, hotel minibar charges, etc., are not included.
What Our Guests Are Saying
“The Alps to Ventoux trip was incredible. Gary and Lise are the best guides we have ever toured with. Their knowledge of France and attention to every detail made this trip unforgettable. The rides were epic and the food was delicious, but what we didn’t expect were the first-class accommodations each night. If you dream about riding the most legendary climbs in France, then this trip is for you!”
Dave and Anne Simonson, San Diego, CA
“The Alps, Vercors and Mont Ventoux tour was an absolutely amazing experience. Gary and Lise knew every inch of road from start to finish to maximize the enjoyment of riding some of the classic Tour de France stages. The trip started on the shores of Lake Annecy and ended in the beautiful vineyards and lavender fields of Provence. Every day offered plenty of options for challenging, scenic and fun rides with time to explore the unique towns and sights of the French countryside. The small inns and hotels provided a comfortable place to call home during the trip as well. I would recommend ATG and this tour to anyone, especially those interested in challenging themselves on the French Alps.”
Nick Clements, Fort Collins, CO
“We consider ourselves relatively knowledgeable when it comes to cycling holidays, having taken six previous cycling trips to Europe. Our Alps to Ventoux tour with Adventure Travel Group was the best. Gary and Lise are consummate professionals. They were keenly aware of our comfort, safety and always attentive to our needs. Their command of the route details was exceptional and made for great rides. Gary and Lise are the kind of individuals you would like to hang out with. Their love of travel and adventurous spirit are irresistible. We are looking forward to our next tour with ATG.”
Gordon and Patti Chiang, Larkspur, CA
“Cycling in the French Alps with Gary and Lise was challenging, rewarding and enjoyable. It was the experience of a lifetime.”
Jeff and Paul Nelsen, Boulder, CO