This scenic cycling route travels through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia, offering spectacular views of the Adriatic coastline. Explore a countryside dotted with remote hilltop villages that some are calling the “New Tuscany.” Ride alongside the picture-perfect vineyards of wine country and through unspoiled fishing villages. Along the route, you can visit Roman ruins and picturesque villages with Venetian and Austro-Hungarian architecture.
- Pedal through wine country, coastal fishing villages and along the spectacular Adriatic coastline.
- Visit a Lipizzaner stud farm, an island safari park and explore Roman ruins.
- Cycle on lightly traveled roads bordering pristine beaches with crystal-clear water.
- Unwind at one of the many spas along the route, relax on the beach or take a scenic hike.
- Enjoy quaint restaurants that tourists never find.
The tour includes a special two-night stay on a beautiful island where you can visit a safari park, enjoy a leisurely ride, hike or swim in the crystal-clear water. There are plenty of opportunities to relax and explore along the route, and options to ride as much or as little as you like.
Trip Itinerary – Croatia: Cycling Istria
Click here for a detailed itinerary of our Cycling Istria bike tour
Airport Arrival/Departure City:
Trip Extension Suggestions:
Venice or Slovenia
Average Daily Mileage and Terrain
We’ll average 50 miles on scenic hilly and coastal terrain, but we provide a variety of options for those who want to ride more or less. Our multi-night stays are perfect for loop rides or time off the bike to visit ruins, swim, stroll along village streets or relax at the spa – it’s your choice!
Get more detailed information about the weather in Croatia.
- Lodging in quaint, welcoming inns and hotels.
- Hearty, cyclist-friendly breakfasts every day.
- Most dinners (four-course, including wine).
- Full van support snacks and drinks on the ride each day.
- Experienced tour guides, and daily detailed maps and route notes.
- Transportation and luggage transfers during the tour.
- Gratuities for transfers, hotels and restaurants.
- Custom ATG bike jersey and souvenir map with tour route.
What’s Not Included
- Airfare and travel insurance.
- Lunches are on your own, so you have maximum flexibility in your day.
- Non-group dinners on the free evenings. This gives you a chance to try the restaurants of your choice.
- Bikes are not included, but are available for an additional fee.
- Personal services, including laundry, telephone, hotel minibar charges, etc., are not included
What Our Guests are Saying:
“Get it right the first time! Trust your next European cycling vacation to Gary and Lise, and you’ll be rewarded with expert attention to even the smallest details. Croatia was our first-ever trip with them, and we were very pleased with how they made us feel right at home. Unique to their small-group setting is the lodging, food, cycling routes and ‘local flavor’ you won’t get with bigger groups. We can’t wait to travel with them again!”
Bob and Lynn Green, Lynchburg, VA
“The best way to see a country is on your bike and Adventure Travel Group makes it easy by doing all the planning. Gary and Lise provided everything we needed – adventurous biking, wonderful hotels, great meals, panoramic scenery … The Istrian peninsula of Croatia is not to be missed, but don’t delay – once the word gets out, there’ll be too many tourists on the road!”
Ellen Cherin, San Diego, CA