Take a guided bike tour through the Area Named “the Next Riviera” by Condé Nast
On this bike tour in Croatia, you’ll experience the pristine beauty of crystal-clear Adriatic waters, lush islands, unspoiled fishing villages and vineyards, and ride some of the most challenging bicycle routes in the Dalmatia region. Spectacular beauty, Roman ruins, medieval walled cities and fantastic cycling make Croatia a top bicycle-tour destination.
Our carefully selected hotels and inns are located in some of the most picturesque towns, and two-night stays give you ample opportunities to explore the area and get acquainted with the local culture and customs over homemade wine and grappa.
- Bicycle along some of the most challenging routes in Dalmatia while enjoying dramatic scenery.
- Test your legs on Biokovo Mountain, Dalmatia’s highest mountain.
- Dine like a local at a BBQ at Gary’s cousin’s sheep ranch and enjoy homemade wine and grappa!
- Stay in quaint, family-run inns and hotels. Our small group offers a more relaxed and enjoyable dining experience.
Trip Itinerary – Croatia: Cycling the Islands of Dalmatia
Airport Arrival/Departure City:
Pre-and Post-trip Options:
Dubrovnik, Zagreb, Montenegro, Slovenia.
Average Daily Mileage and Terrain:
Ride an average of 40 to 50 hilly miles a day, but as with all our trips, we provide a variety of options for those who want to ride more or less. Our multi-night stays are perfect for loop rides or time off the bike to enjoy hiking, swimming or relaxing – it’s your choice.
Get more information about the weather in Croatia.
- Lodging in quaint, welcoming inns and hotels.
- Hearty, cyclist-friendly breakfasts every day.
- Most dinners (four-course, including wine).
- Full van support, snacks and drinks on the ride each day.
- Experienced tour guides, and daily detailed maps and route notes.
- Transportation and luggage transfers during the tour.
- Gratuities for transfers, hotels and restaurants.
- Custom ATG bike jersey and souvenir map with tour route.
What’s Not Included
- Airfare and travel insurance.
- Lunches are on your own, so you have maximum flexibility in your day.
- Non-group dinners on the free evenings. This gives you a chance to try the restaurants of your choice.
- Bikes are not included, but are available for an additional fee.
- Personal services, including laundry, telephone, hotel minibar charges, etc., are not included.
What Our Guests Are Saying
“I have had the opportunity to ride with ATG on two trips- the first being the Dalmatian Coast of Croatia and the second the Pyrenees of Spain. I was fairly new to road cycling when I signed up for Croatia- in fact it is what inspired me to pick up the sport. Both trips were life changing experiences for me. Gary and Lise are impeccable guides- fun, knowledgeable, supportive and attentive. The riding was incredible, the food and lodging top notch, the attention to detail on all aspects of the trips was superb. They know cycling, they really know Europe and they know how to make their trips challenging, fun and adventurous for all riders. As a mother of 3 young kids, I don’t get many chances to escape on my bike but I know I will ride with Gary and Lise again as I have made it a priority in my life to find the time to do so in the future. All their trips are on my “bucket list” of places I want to see and cycle!” ~ Melissa Cunningham, Crested Butte, Colorado
“When I signed up to go on this trip, I knew I would have a good time but could never have imagined how incredible it truly would be! My expectations for all aspects of the trip were blown away, thanks to Gary and Lise’s dedication to perfection! It was a trip of a lifetime for me. I’m already planning my next trip with them.” ~ Sarah McAlister, Creste Butte, CO
Get it right the first time! Trust your next European cycling vacation to Gary and Lise, and you’ll be rewarded with expert attention to even the smallest details. Croatia was our first-ever trip with them, and we were very pleased with how they made us feel right at home. Unique to their small-group setting is the lodging, food, cycling routes and ‘local flavor’ you won’t get with bigger groups. We can’t wait to travel with them again!” ~ Bob and Lynn Green Lynchburg, VA
“I have completely enjoyed both my trips with ATG and Gary & Lise. They have a knack for finding perfect cycling routes that are fun and beautiful, and you don’t want the trip to end. I can promise there will be some scenic highlights on an ATG trip that you’ll never forget. They always ensure that there are some challenging optional climbs as well—and these end up being especially memorable. ATG is also small and nimble enough to be flexible when weather or road conditions require a last minute change, so you get the most out of their trips. ~ Frank T., Los Angeles, CA